Have you woken up super creative this winter morning? If yes, then let’s use your creativeness in the best way possible. We have selected for you some inspiring DIY gloves projects and tutorials. In the gallery below you will find some inspiring ways to transform old loves into new fashionable ones. Also, you can find some creative ways to repurpose old clothes that are not wearable anymore. With the help of these DIY gloves, projects learn how to reuse them to make your own warm gloves for the winter.
DIY hearth parts decorated gloves
If you are already bored of your old gloves, but you still love them so much that you don’t want to throw them away, here is an inspiring DIY gloves project for you. Everything you will need for the project is listed below:
- A pair of gloves (recommendable some red gloves)
- White felt
- Fabric glue
- Red embroidery floss
- Hand sewing needle
- Fabric scissors
Now that we have listed the needed materials, let’s share with you the DIY procedure. It is easier than you can even imagine.
- First, cut a heart shape out of the white felt. Once you are done, cut the heart in half. Put a little fabric glue on one of the pieces you cut and place it on the thumb finger side of the glove to hold it in place while you are hand-stitching.
- Then, use a little red embroidery floss to stitch around the outside of the heart shape and get a more decorated heart.
- Finally, using a sewing needle, stitch the heart shape which is decorated with the red embroidery on the glove. Repeat the same with the other glove.
You will definitely fall in love with your red gloves with white half hearth shaped figures that create a whole hearth when you place the hands to each other This could perfectly pass the most creative DIY Valentine’s Day present for your girlfriend too. if you are luck of ideas on what to gift for the holiday, here is a present full of love and creativeness that will warm your girl’s heart and hands.
DIY fingerless gloves from an old sweater
Don’t you dare to throw away that old sweater that you loved so much, but you can’t wear anymore. Repurpose your old sweater and make some adorable fingerless gloves from it. you will be surprised to read how easy you can DIY your fingerless gloves. Here are the basic steps to take and transform a useless old sweater into amazing winter DIY gloves.
- First, cut the sleeves off the sweater.
- Second, turn a sleeve inside out and fold 1” of the cut edge. Pin and sew with a sewing needle and thread.
- Then, hem the edge.
- Finally, hand inside the sleeve and pin fabric between thumb and index finger. Sew the thumbhole.
Repeat the procedure to make your second glove. You can decorate the gloves with pearls, cut heart figures, or whatever you want.
DIY gloves out of old socks
Another inspiring and super-easy way to DIY gloves is out of old socks. All the materials you will need are the following ones:
- Snazzy high socks
Once we have listed all the needed materials, it is time to share the step-by-step DIY gloves procedure. Here we go:
- First, get your sock and lay it down. Try to smooth any bumps to prevent an uneven cut.
- Second: Time to cut! Cut at least one inch before the heel and use the cut pat as the bottom on the fingerless gloves.
- Third, cut a slit starting around 1 to 2 inches from the top of the sock.
- Finally, do a blanket stitch for the thumb seam and stitch in about 25” from the cut to create the thumb finger opening.
Voila, your DIY gloves out of old socks are done! Easily than you could ever imagine, isn’t it?
DIY gloves decorated with fur pom pom
One of the most feminine decorations for gloves is definitely fur pom poms. If you have bought simple gloves and you are already bored of them, don’t worry at all. You can easily transform them into creative and eye-catching ones thanks to this DIY gloves project we have selected for you. Everything you will need for the project is the following materials:
- A fur pom pom
- Yarn, pom-pom maker, scissors (to make the pom-pom if you haven’t bought a fur pom-pom from the store)
If you have a fur pom pom, then the only thing you need to do is to sew it to the gloves using a sewing needle and thread.
Those who haven’t bought a fur pom-pom can easily DIY out of yarn. The procedure is super easy. Wind the wool around a pom pom maker evenly and pull thigh at the middle to secure. Then chop away the frills. Your yarn pom poms are done!