Maxi skirts and dresses are very popular during the warm summer season. They can be a glamorous addition to your summer wardrobe. You can easily style maxi skirts and dresses both for day and night combinations. However, styling them sometimes can be a little tricky. That is why in this article we are going to share with you some helpful tips that will make it easier for you to wear your favorite maxi skirts and dresses. Scroll down the page to identify some helpful tricks on how to wear long skirts and dresses according to your body shape. Also, don’t miss the following gallery to get inspired for creating some eye-catching summer looks this season.
How to style maxi skirts and dresses according to your body shape?
One of the most important things to consider in mind when styling a maxi skirt or a maxi dress is your body shape. Since there are many different body shapes, we are going to present you with some things to do and to avoid for each different body silhouette.
How to wear a maxi if you are petite
If you are petite, you may find it a little tricky to style maxi skirts and dresses. Especially, if you choose a style with too much volume and wear them too long, then you may fall into the trap of wearing the maxi too wrong. Here is a way to do it when you have a petite figure.
- Choose a maxi skirt or dress that ends around the ankle. Avoid the ones that drag on the ground!
- Make sure they are made from a fluid fabric that won’t swamp you. We recommend you avoid wearing long skirts or dresses that are made of a lot of fabric
- Avoid large scale patterns and keep to prints in scale with your body instead.
How to wear a maxi if you are an H shape
If you have a body shape that lacks a defined waist, or the so-called H shape, then here are some styling tips that will help you wear your maxi skirt and dresses as a fashionista.
- The best is to avoid gathers and anything belted or pleated around the waist.
- If you choose to wear a maxi dress, then try to choose one in empire style, which is the most flattering of them all.
- Choose maxi pieces in straighter shapes that will follow your body lines.
How to wear your maxi skirt or dress if you have an X or A shape
Women with X or A shape have a defined waist. If you are one of them too, then here is how to style your maxi skirts and dresses.
- You will definitely want to show off your defined waist. The best way to do it is to choose a maxi with a waisted style that you can cinch in and show your waist.
- Choose a flared shape of dress or skirt that will follow your curves.
- Try to wear fabric that drapes softly and will move on as you walk.
How to wear a maxi if you are tall
If you are tall you may also have trouble styling maxi skirts and dresses, as same as you have a petite figure. Here is how to wear a maxi for a tall body figure:
- Your maxi skirt or dress should come at least to your ankles, if not a little longer.
- Try to choose maxi staples with horizontal details. This way you will look a little shorter.
How to style maxi skirts: the ultimate guide
Pair your maxi skirt with a crop top. A crop top will always look great when paired with a high-waist skirt. There is probably no hotter way to rock the trend of wearing maxi skirts this summer. Don’t miss it.
Wear your maxi skirt with a button-down top. The most casual way of styling a maxi skirt is certainly the one when you pair it with a button-down top. Add a belt on the waist to accent this part of the body.
Try a full skirt with a fitted top. Is a tulle maxi skirt your favorite one? Pair your voluminous skirt with a flatted long-sleeved top or a bodysuit and get heady to grab all the attention.
Belt your maxi skirt with a denim shirt. One of the best ways to define your waist, when wearing maxi skirts or dresses is a skinny belt or statement belt. Add a denim shirt to define your casual look.
Layer your long skirt. Layering is a perfect way to add interest to any outfit you style. Maxi skirts and dresses are no exception too. Add a denim vest over your skirt or dress for warmer days or simply put on your favorite leather jacket when the weather gets cooler.