Hello DIY clothes embellishing projects lovers! Are you ready for some new and inspiring DIY adventure? In this article, we will teach you how to embellish an old t-shirt using lace and doily. These DIY doily t-shirt projects are a real challenge for all DIY lovers. Thanks to the step-by-step tutorials below you will learn how to transform an old and boring t-shirt into a new and modern one. Don’t miss trying any of these DIY doily t-shirt projects. You will surely adore the results you get when finished.
1. Doily T-Shirt DIY
Have you some vintage crochet doilies that you don’t know what to do with? Here is a perfect way to use them and at the same time embellish your t-shirt. This DIY doily t-shirt project is a perfect way to transform an old t-shirt into a sexy, laid-back one.
- An old t-shirt
- A crochet doily
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- First, lay your shirt down to see where you want to position the doily. Pin into place.
- Take the zigzag stitch and carefully stitch two rows around the edge of the doily. Use a matching thread to the t-shirt.
- Once you are done, cut out the fabric inside the stitching lines to reveal the doily. Work carefully!
- That is it! Your embellished t-shirt is done!
3. DIY Doily Blouse
If you are searching for a sexy DIY doily t-shirt embellishment, then you are in the right place. For this DIY doily blouse, you will need a loose tank and doily/crochet table runner.
- First, pin the doily on the front of the shirt. You could use one in a rectangular shape instead of the typical circle shape to create a better effect on the shirt.
- Cut the shirt in half, or simply cut it on the lines where you pinned the doily.
- Start sewing each of the ends of the doily to the front part of the shirt using a sewing machine.
- Finally, cut off the parts of the inside of the shirt to reveal the doily. Do it carefully!
- Your sexy DIY doily t-shirt is done!
4. DIY t shirt refashion ideas with side crochet replacement
5. DIY: Handmade Collars
6. DIY doily collar – easy sewing tutorial
This is such an adorable DIY doily T-shirt project that you can make for your little girl. You will enjoy seeing your little angel wearing this adorable t-short with a lace doily collar. For this DIY kids clothes project, you will need an old t-short that you want to embellish and a piece of a lace doily. We recommend you to choose a t-shirt in a darker color, so the lace doily effect is more noticeable, as in the tutorial.
- Start slicing the doily exactly in half using scissors.
- Once you get the two pieces, place the doily along the neckline of the skirt.
- Fold over the top half-inch inside the neckline.
- Flip the doily up carefully. Pin the portion that was folded over to the inside of the neckline.
- Using a zigzag stitch and some of your basic sewing skills, sew the doily to the inside of the t-shirt.
- Once sewed, flip the doily back down. Hand stitches it down in a couple of places to make sure that the collar lies flat over the shirt.
- Your lace doily collared shirt for a little girl is finished.
7. DIY: Love Patch
8. DIY: Doily Embellished Shirt
9. DIY Leyendecker Dress
This is not a typical DIY doily t-shirt project. It is more of a DIY doily dress project that you will adore.
For it, you will need the following supplies:
- A long plain tee or dress
- A half skein of yarn
- Lace doily cut into the shape of the collar of the tee
- A pair of scissors
- A legal-sized file folder
- Start by measuring the bottom hem of the t-shirt or the dress to see how many tassels of yarn you will need to add. Mark each placement above the hem using a pen.
- Prepare the tassels by wrapping yarn around a legal-sized folder. Cut the strands off the folder and set them aside for later. Make how many tassels you are determined to use for the dress.
- Take the scissors and pierce small holes into the tee on the marks that you marked before. Pull each set of yarn through the holes.
- Wrap a piece of yarn around the top of the tassel s few times and then tie it into a knot. Repeat the same with the rest of the pieces of yarn. Trim away the excess yarn.
- Create three rows until you get the desired look.
- Once the fringe is complete, it is time to apply the doily. Pin a lace or doily applique to the collar of the tee.
- Take a needle and thread and hand stitch the doily to the tee or the dress.
- Voila, your dress is finished!