Halloween makeup can be too hard for your face since you may need to apply a few layers of makeup before you get the desired Halloween look. In order to keep your face safe from so much makeup on it, here are some important safety recommendations that you need to follow.
- Perform a skin test of all new makeup products and wait for 24 hours for any reactions. Halloween makeup products can affect your skin especially if you have a sensitive face skin or a history of allergies. If a rash develops, the best is to clean the affected area and apply a hydrocortisone cream.
- The best is to use approved makeup for the face. If possible use the makeup products that you use every day. If yet you need to get some new Halloween makeup specialized products make sure that the paints are FDA certified.
- Avoid using makeup or baby powder near open flames.
- Try to avoid mixing different types of makeup.
- Also, avoid using liquid latex near the eyes area.
- These are only some basic safety recommendations. In continuation, we are providing you with some helpful tips and tricks on how to properly apply Halloween makeup. These are some things that you need to consider when planning your Halloween makeup and costume. Here we go:
- Halloween is in October, so the weather can be really cold outside. Consider that applying Halloween makeup and teasing hair prior to adding turtleneck or other pullover tops can create a real mess. So, before you apply the makeup try to dress up yourself warm and comfy.
The Halloween makeup applying routine:
- Start with a clean face. Remove face oils and then rinse your face with cold water to minimize pores.
- Then, apply a thin coat of Vaseline to make Halloween makeup removal easier. If you have tried Halloween makeup looks earlier, you know how difficult removing face paints and other applications can be.
- Work under a good light source so that you get the best results ever.
- You can include different types of prosthetics such as scars and scabs in your Halloween makeup look. Before you apply them to your face, apply spirit gum to the face. Then wait for it to get tacky and once it is finally tacky, attach the prosthetic.
- You can use latex to create height and different textures. When applying the latex, start with a base coat and then slowly build the area. If you want to create scars, apply a thin layer and then add one piece of tissue. You can also pull back a piece of the latex to create the appearance of rotting skin. There are so many different possibilities that you can play with. All you need to do is to wake up your creativity.
- Apply your foundation after you build up areas of prosthetics with light rubbing. Then pat to blend.
More Halloween makeup applying routine tricks …
- Also, you can use makeup to make textures. Use a coarse texturing sponge for adding extra texture to the Halloween makeup application. Brush with a makeup brush to create a smooth look. Dappling with the brush will generate a more unusual appearance as you would like for the holiday spirit.
- When applying more layers and different colors of paints, permit each layer to completely dry. You can use the hair dryer to shorten the drying process.
- Remember that sweat can always ruin the makeup. So, if you are planning an active Halloween evening, try to set the makeup properly. Use products to keep the makeup in place all night long. Baby powder is a cheap and effective way to maintain the appearance of Halloween makeup.
How to remove your Halloween makeup like a pro
Once the Halloween evening is over, it is time to finally get out of your face all the makeup you applied before. Here are some useful tips on how to do it like a pro:
Remove the makeup like a pro
The best way to remove all the layers of makeup you applied to your face is to use micellar water. Indeed, all you need to do is to follow your everyday makeup removal routine. You will need to repeat it a few times because you can’t remove all those paints and colors as easily as everyday makeup. Clinching your cleansing routine with one last hit of a lightweight elixir is essential. That will help you get rid of every last inch of Halloween makeup. If you miss cleaning the face properly, it could result in post-Halloween breakouts and no one of us likes something like that to happen. It may not be the end of the world at all, but is definitely something you will like to avoid.
Pamper your face before falling asleep
After a full evening of wearing tones of makeup on your face, it is important to replenish your skin with a little TLC. Wearing so much makeup can ruin your face’s skin glow. In order to keep your shining skin, pat an extra layer of facial oil after deeply cleaning your face. That will help cushion the skin, staving off damage and unnecessary stress.