Hello DIY lovers! Are you ready for some inspiring DIY clothes projects for the upcoming spring? Scroll down the page to explore some adorable DIY clothes projects as well as DIY accessories and shoe embellishing projects. We are sure that you want to send a fashionable spring. Well, these DIY clothes projects will keep you stylish and modern on a budget. They are all so easy to be done, will take you less than 10 minutes, and won’t cost you anything, since they are all repurposed old clothes projects. Enjoy!
1. DIY Embellished Friendship Bracelets
2. Urban Outfitters-Inspired Bun Wrap by Peacoats and Plaid
3. Vintage pillowcase skirt
This is a super easy DIY clothes project that you will simply adore! To make this geometric skirt on your own you will need the following supplies:
- A vintage pillowcase
- Sewing supplies
- A yard of contrasting bias tape
- First, cut the sewn top edge off of the pillowcase. Also, cut the rest of the pillowcase down to 20” long.
- Measure your natural waist and then cut a 2” wide elastic length in the same length as your measurements.
- Using needle and thread, sew the ends of the elastic together. Trim the edges so that they look clean and top stitch them down.
- Pin the elastic tube to the top edge of the skirt. Using a sewing machine sew the elastic to the top edge of the dress. Sew a zig-zag on the middle of the skirt.
- Finish off the hem with contrasting bias tape. Voila, your new DIY skirt is ready to be worn!
4. DIY: No-Sew Tote Bag From A Pillowcase
5. DIY Ruffled tube top
6. Repurpose the T-shirt into a fringe necklace
7. DIY File: Embellished loafers
8. DIY Woven Chain Collar Necklace
9. DIY open-back sweater
Ready for some Versace inspire DIY clothes projects? You will certainly adore this adorable DIY open-back sweater that you can wear both at the beginning of the fall and the end of the spring. For this project you will need the following:
- A sweater
- Needle and thread
- Gold safety pins
- First, flip your sweater over so the back is face-up.
- Take the scissors and start cutting beginning at the neck. Continue cutting all way down the center back of your sweater.
- With the inside of your sweater face up, fold your raw edge over once and then again on the inside and pin it in place.
- Continue all way down until you meet the other end.
- Take the needle and thread and simply overstitch or hemstitch up the edge.
- Finally, place the gold safety pins in order to connect the two edges of the sweater. Voila, you are done!
10. Sexy Lace Denim Shorts DIY Ideas
11. DIY neon envelope clutch
12. Turn Bobby Pins Into Trendy Chevron Drop Earrings
This is not one of those typical DIY clothes projects, but you will definitely adore it. Learn how t make some DIY earrings from Bobby pins in only a few simple steps. Here are the materials needed for the project:
- Bobby pins
- Piece of cardstock or cardboard
- White spray paint or nail polish
- Acrylic paint or nail polish
- Clear nail polish
- Two thin pieces of wire
- Earring hooks
- First, clip Bobby pins onto a piece of cardstock separating each slightly from one other.
- Then, apply a layer of white spray paint or nail polish as a primer to easily apply colors later. Let dry.
- Start painting the pins with your desired base color or with nail polish. Again, let dry.
- Start sketching your design onto both sides of the Bobby pins.
- Paint the design onto the pins using paint of nail polish. Leave dry for a while.
- In the end, apply a layer of clear nail polish to seal the paint and add a glossy finish.
- Take the wire and create a triangle out of it. Twist the edges together to close.
- Remove the pins from the cardstock and run them through the wires.
- Attach earring hooks to the wires.
- Voila, your colorful DIY earrings are finished!
13. DIY Rossette ring
14. DIY Glitter and Fabric Heart Earrings
Here is another not-typical DIY clothes project that will help you embellish your outfit. Accessories are key factor for your perfect look, so here is some easy-to-do glitter and fabric heart earrings project to copy. For it you will need the following materials:
- Pink fabric
- Medium glitter
- Whole punching tool
- Earring rings
- Earrings hooks
- Start by folding the fabric in half and then cutting some heart shapes out of it.
- Use the template to cut a second heart for the other earring.
- Add some glue to the middle bottom of the heart shape and add glitter over the area. Shake off the extra glitter.
- Finally add the mini wholes, the earring rings, and the earring hooks. Finished!