Hello ladies! Has it happened to you to find some old jewelry pieces in your jewelry box that you haven’t worn for a lifetime? It happens to most of us to forget about some jewels that are not fashionable anymore, and they just stay point the box, waiting for better times to be worn again. Since better times, most do not come ever, it is time to put the old jewels to use again, by changing their look. Here are some inspiring jewelry makeover ideas that will help you transform your old jewels into new and wearable ones. Don’t miss scrolling down the page to explore the most creative jewelry makeover ideas ever! Enjoy!
1. Sprinkle already knotted chains with baby powder to untangle them more easily
This is not a typical jewelry makeover idea, but will definitely help you put into use again a tangled jewelry. It has happened to all of us to fight against tangled jewelry, especially a necklace or a bracelet. The main reason for tangled jewelry pieces is the wrong way of storing jewelry. The next time, you better explore some DIY jewelry storing ideas. For the moment, in order to avoid wasting time desperately tugging at tangled jewelry, loosen the knot with a bit of baby powder and then use a pin to pull it apart. Voila!
2. Buttons As Earring Holders
3. How To Fasten A Bracelet Up By Yourself
4.5 Minute DIY – Convertible Necklace Headband
5. Turn your necklace into a headband by adding an elastic hair tie
This is a super easy project for all DIY lovers. One of the most creative jewelry makeover ideas ever is how to transform an old necklace that you don’t wear anymore into new hair jewelry. The best part of this DIY idea is that you can still wear it as a necklace too if you want. In order to get this jewelry makeover done, you will need the following materials:
- A necklace or a chain, about 18 inches long
- Elastic hair tie
- Needle nose pliers
- First, use the needle nose pliers to bend open one of the jump rings at the end of the necklace or the chain. Extra tip: if your necklace does not have links that can easily open, you can add your own jump ring at the end. That will make it easier for you to close it again if you decide to wear it later as a necklace.
- Then, insert the elastic hair tie into the ring and close it back with the pliers.
- On the other end of the necklace, open the lobster clasp and insert the elastic tie inside it.
- If it fits snugly, then you are done with your headband. Or, if it does not fit, then you can try using a different-sized elastic tie. Adjust until you get the fitting one.
- Voila, you are done!
6. If your silver is already tarnished, clean it up with toothpaste
7. Sensitive Ears? Try This Earring Trick!
8. An Effective All Natural Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
9. How to resize the watch and remove watch links
10. Transform old junk jewelry with enamel spray paint
Do you enjoy jewelry makeover ideas including paint? Then, you will certainly adore the following one. All you will need for this project are the jewelry pieces that you want to makeover and paint spray in the color of your desire. The instructions are below.
- Use scotch tape or plastic wrap to cover the areas that you don’t want to be sprayed.
- Start by preparing the surface of the jewelry pieces by cleaning them with soap and hot water.
- For easy spraying, you can hang the jewels by clipping a blinder hook. Then, drape the jewels over the blinder clip.
- Spray a thin coat of spray primer and let it completely dry for an hour.
- After one hour, spray a second light coat of the color paint. Move quickly so that you keep the layer thin.
- You may not need to paint the third layer. If needed do it again, in the same way as in the previous two steps.
- Leave the paint dry completely.
- Once it is dry enough, you are ready to wear your new colored jewels.
11. DIY Quick Broken Necklace Fix
12. Quick and cost-effective jewelry
13. Instantly change the color of costume jewelry with nail polish
If you are already tired of that old statement necklace, dangling earrings, or cocktail ring that you have been wearing for years, it is time to do something to change time. We refer not to buying new ones, we refer to following some jewelry makeover ideas to try. One of these jewelry makeover ideas is to use nothing more and nothing less, but nail polish. You can change the look of old jewelry pieces by painting the faux jewels with a pop of color using nail polish. Simply lay the accessory flat on a paper towel, or for earrings, hold them by their backs in your hands, and then begin to paint. Your new, colorful jewelry will look amazing.