We all know why people use blow dryers: to dry their wet hair. But, besides this basic use that we all know, there are so many life-altering uses of a hair dryer that can change your life forever. In the article below, we have listed some of the most helpful blow dryers uses that every woman should know. Some of them include drying quickly your nail polish after you do your manicure and breaking easier in a pair of new shoes… Scroll down the page to explore even more blow dryer uses. We hope that these uses will make your life easier. Don’t miss trying them!
1. Quick-dry wet nails
We all know how boring it can be waiting for your nail polish to dry after applying it to the nails. That is why we are sure that you will adore this blow dryer life-altering use. Quick drying of your nails is the dream of every woman. In order to achieve it you need to apply cool blow dryer air over your fresh painter manicure. The air will set the polish faster. Just make sure you are using cool air because the hot one will keep the polish tackier longer.
2. Break in your new shoe
Breaking into new shoes can be really painful sometimes. Time to say goodbye to the blisters that come with it! All you need to do is to put on a pair of thick socks, then hit the insides of the new heels with the hot air from the blow dryer and walk around in the new shoes until the hot air cools. Your shoes will instantly become fitting to your feet. And you will forever forget the pain of wearing too-small shoes.
3. Use a microfiber towel on your hair rather than a cotton one to remove any excess water before you blow it dry.
4. Apply a heat protectant first before blow-drying
5. Use a diffuser paired with a low heat setting to define wavy or curly hair
Wavy or curly hair is the dream of many women worldwide. In order to get the best curls ever, you need to use the diffuser of the blow dryer. Another trick to get the best waves is to combine the use of a diffuser with a low heat setting. The diffuser attachment will help distribute the heat broadly. That will add body and definition to your curls. You will love your curly hair more than ever before.
6. Section your hair into quadrants to speed up the blow-drying process
The blow-drying process can be speeded up if you section your hair into quadrants. Once you section the hair, you can focus on smaller portions of hair at once, which will lead to drying your entire head faster. Also, to speed up the process you can use a ceramic-vented round brush. The heat for the blow dryer warms up the ceramic bar making the drying process a faster experience.
7. Knock out stubborn cowlicks by blow-drying that section of hair in multiple directions
8. Use a vented paddle brush to speed up your drying time if you have straight or slightly wavy hair.
9. Always focus the nozzle of your hair dryer downward from roots to tips to keep from ruffling the cuticle of your hair, which causes frizz
If you want your hair to look smoother, then all you need is a boar bristle brush and your blow dryer. Position the section of hair that you are working on over the brush and then focus the dryer’s nozzle facing down. This way you will straighten the hair and smooth the cuticle as you move toward the ends of each section.
10. Use velcro rollers and a hair dryer to achieve a major volume
If you want more voluminous curls then you must use Velcro rollers and a blow dryer. First, wrap the hair down the center of your head into three Velcro rollers. Then, take two more Velcro rollers and wrap two sections of hair on each side of your head. Repeat the same procedure with your hair back also. Finally, hit your hair with heat from the dryer to build your body.
11. Mimic the effects of a hot roller set with velcro rollers, a shower cap, and a hair dryer
12. For quick waves, braid your hair while it’s damp and hit your strands with the heat from your blow-dryer
13. Clean out your lint from your dryer with a toothbrush
Sometimes, lint can collect in the vent of your dryer and then slow down the power of the blow dryer. In order to avoid such a thing, you need to regularly clean the blow dryer. The best way to do it is to clean the lint out of it using an old and clean toothbrush.