Everyone wants the perfect summer body for those long, hot days of lying in the sun and partying with friends. However, there are some considerations that you need to think about when preparing your exercise regime and diet. In this guide, we will discuss the vital elements that you need to prepare before you begin your routine in order to stay safe and healthy. These tips will ensure that you exercise, play sport to the best of your ability and stay energized for the duration of your exercise.
Have you got the right clothing?
- Finding the right clothing when playing sports or exercising is key and you should make sure that you look for clothing which is suitable or has been specially designed for your favorite sport. These items will then allow you to play without restriction and for a longer period without tiring. If you are looking for golf clothing, PXG’s womens golf fashion is perfect for the durability and flexibility that is needed when playing the sport.
- Remember your footwear when you are investing in clothing, as unsuitable shoes can be your downfall when playing many sports. You should buy high-quality trainers or boots, staying away from fashion items that have been made in line with activewear trends but are not practical in reality.
- Flexibility is also important when you are playing sports as this will allow you to move without issue. You should opt for loose clothing in a good fit to ensure that you are not restricted in any way and to make sure that your clothing does not become a problem during gameplay, such as getting caught or making you slip.
What food have you eaten?
- You should also make sure that you have eaten the right foods before and after you begin to exercise. This includes eating items with slow releasing carbohydrates, such as bananas and whole grains, which will allow you to maintain your energy levels throughout your regime.
- Eating food with high amounts of protein, such as tuna or broccoli, can also be helpful after a workout to restore your body, build up the glycogen stores in your muscles, promote muscle growth, and help to repair any damaged cells in your body. This will enable you to continue your exercise regime and make sure that you stay healthy throughout.
Have you taken other practical measures?
- You should also help your skin to glow after your workout by investing in sunscreen and keeping to shaded areas when exercising outside. You should also wear a sunhat or visor, and make sure that you have a good aftercare routine in place. This should include after-sun lotion to prevent skin damage, which will make sure to protect your skin from sunburn.
- You should also make sure that you drink enough water throughout your activity to prevent any risk of illness such as heatstroke and dehydration when you exercise. Be on the lookout for a dizziness, faintness and nausea, which are all symptoms of dehydration.