Spring is just around the corner. With the warmer weather outside there comes the will for dressing lightly. That means that it is time to start planning spring outfits including spring/summer’s most popular staple: shorts. We can not deny that shorts are among the most stylish warm-weather wardrobe staples and most women enjoy wearing them. But, we should also admit that wearing the same old shorts year after year can be really boring and uncreative. In order to avoid such a thing, we have shared with you some inspiring DIY shorts projects that will help you upgrade your old and boring shorts.
In the article below, there are many inspiring DIY shorts projects that we are sure you will pleasantly want to try. They are all so easy to be done, and for most of them, you will need only basic materials and sewing skills. For some, like the ones including dyeing, you don’t even need sewing skills. We leave you to enjoy the projects and your new DIY denim shorts.
1.DIY – Shorts with broderie anglaise
2. DIY: Update Your Cutoffs
This is one of those DIY shorts projects that you will certainly adore. This upgrade to your cutoff projects will help you get your super colorful and eye-catching shorts without much effort.
For it, you will need the following materials:
- A pair of shorts
- Some fabric of your choice
- Needle and thread
Here are the instructions:
- First, start by cutting a piece of fabric that will be large enough to cover one side of your shorts.
- Attach the fabric to the shorts using safety pins. That will keep the piece of fabric from moving and will help you sew it easily.
- Start sewing the fabric to the shorts. Use needle and thread and use the natural seams of the shorts as a guideline.
- Once you are done, trim off any excess fabric as close to the stitches as possible.
Done! we hope you spend many cheerful moments with your new upgraded shorts.
3. DIY Watermelon Shorts
For all the ladies that want to insert color into their spring/summer looks, we have one of the most creative DIY shorts projects ever. These eye-catching watermelon-inspired denim shorts are what you must try immediately.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, prepare the pink dye. All you need to do is to follow the instructions outlined on the back of the dye pack. Add a little salt. It will help the dye adhere to the material.
- Slowly, start lowering the shorts into the dye. Leave a designated amount free of dye. Use one of your hands to hold the clean section and the other to submerge the pink section.
- Repeat the same procedure with the green dye.
- Then, rinse both colors until the water runs clean. Be careful with this step: rinse the shorts so that the water runs off them and the colors do not mix. Rinse the pink section the right way up and the green section upside-down.
- Squeeze out the water from the shorts. Hang them up to dry.
- Once it is dry, use a thin paintbrush and black acrylic paint and paint the watermelon seeds with it. Do the same both on the front and back of the shorts.
- Once again, leave the shorts dry completely.
Your DIY shorts project is done! Enjoy wearing your new fruity shorts.
4. DIY Instructions and Project Credit
5. DIY series-distressed denim shorts
6. Galaxy jeans DIY
7. DIY Denim Shorts
8. DIY lace denim shorts
9. DIY upcycled Tommy Hilfiger-jeans shorts
10. DIY lace shorts project
Are you looking for some super easy DIY shorts projects? We have found one for you. These DIY lace shorts are super easy to be done. And, at the same time, they look so adorable and chic.
Here is what you will need for your DIY shorts project:
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Bobby pins
- First, decide the length of the shorts. In order to decide it easier, put the jeans on or use another pair of shorts. Lay the jeans on a flat surface and then lay the shorts on top of the jeans,
- Once you have decided on the desired length, take the scissors and cut the jeans.
- Now, pin the lace on the shorts using the bobby pins. You can cut the lace a little longer than needed and then cut off the extra material later.
- The best is to join the lace between the legs because it is the less visible spot.
- Time for sewing: sew the lace with a zig-zag stitch on the shorts. You can do a zig-zag stitch both on the bottom and the top of the lace.
- Close the ends of the lace using a regular stitch and secure it on the shorts.
Voila, your lace shorts are finished! Enjoy styling chic spring and summer outfits with them.