Hello DIY lovers! DIY projects are a perfect way to fulfill your boring days at home. If you enjoy transforming old clothes into new and eye-catching ones, then, you are in the right place to be. In this article, we have prepared for you a selection of the best DIY projects ever. For today, we have listed for you some easy-to-do DIY t-shirt projects that you will definitely adore. Most of these projects will require you only supplies that you already have at home.
This means that these DIY t-shirt projects are so budget-friendly that you can’t miss loving them. If you have so many old t-shirts that you don’t wear anymore, then here is a way to reuse them again. Time to work! Open the wardrobe, take the shirt that you want to transform, and start working. Use the tutorials below as inspiration. Once the DIY t-shirt project is done, you can proudly show your masterpiece to your friends. Or, you can ask them to make some DIY projects together the next time. This would be a perfect way to spend some fun time together and at the same time to repurpose some old T-shirts. We are sure that you will all spend cheerful moments and that the t-shirt that you will make will look amazing. Enjoy!
1. DIY lace and ribbon tank
If you are looking for one of the easiest DIY t-shirt projects ever, then we have found it for you. Below are listed the supplies that you will need for this adorable DIY lace t-shirt.
- Non-stretch tank top
- Black ribbon
- Fabric glue pen
- First, cut out flowers from the lace fabric.
- Place the t-short on a flat surface. Then, place the flowers that you have cut over the t-shirt.
- Now, that you have the flowers in place, take the glue pen and glue around the edges of the lace. Lay the flowers onto the shirt.
- Now, cut the pieces of ribbon and then glue them onto the tank.
- Let everything dry, and then pin on some brooch to add a little detailing to the t-shirt look.
- Voila, you are done!
2. DIY graphic word t-shirt
This is one of those super easy DIY t-short projects that you will simply adore. Graphic tees are very popular nowadays, but if you can’t find the one with the quote that you love, then you can DIY.
Here is what you will need for the project:
- A white tee
- Iron-on letters
- Heat bond hem
- First, hem the tee by cutting off the bottom.
- Turn the tee inside out and then fold up an inch.
- Now, put the heat bond inside the fold and line the entire perimeter of the T.
- Iron over the fold to bond the material. This way you will create a shortened hem.
- Next, cut the letters out. Cut the letters that you want in order to create your quote.
- Arrange the letters and flip the, over making sure that none of the letters are backward.
- Run the iron over the back of each letter for 30 seconds. Let cool for 30 seconds. Finally, peel off the backing.
- Voila, you are done! Enjoy your new graphic t-shirt.
3. DIY band tee
4. Cut Out Back DIY T-Shirt
5. DIY T-Shirt
6. DIY racerback workout shirt tutorial
7. DIY T-shirt project
8. T-Shirt DIY
9. DIY bow-back shirt
Here is another DIY t-shirt project that you must try. Put your creativity on highest and transform your old and boring t-short into an adorable back-bow t-shirt.
Here are the needed materials:
- A T-shirt
- Textile patterns
- Sewing machine
- Needle and thread
- Take your t-shirt and cut the back part of it.
- Now, take the textile patterns and then create bows out of them.
- Once the bows are done, attach them to the t-shirt back as pictured in the image below. Use the sewing machine to attach the bows.
- You can now enjoy your t-shirt.
10. DIY Dip Dye
Here is another one of the easiest DIY t-short projects that you must try. For this dip dye tee you will need the following supplies:
- A tray
- 1 measuring cup
- A dye color of any color
- Heavy-duty cleaning gloves
- White tee
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, mix a quarter of the dying powder into the tray with 4 cups of warm water and 4 tablespoons of salt. When the powder has dissolved, fill the tray with water.
- Now, soak the bottom of the tee so that the color will trail up nicely.
- We recommend you do it slowly so that the color starts running up.
- Keep for 1 minute and then drain the excess water.
- Finally, rinse in the sink under running cold water.
- Hang the t-shirt to dry well.
- In the end, you can take the leftover powder and then sprinkle it onto the tee. This will create a sparkling effect.