British Queens, Princesses and Duchesses are world wide known and famous for their gorgeous jewellery. They wear glorious crowns, meaningful rings and wonderful necklaces. Their pieces of jewellery are made of diamonds mostly, but emeralds, platinum, aquamarines, sapphires, rubies and pearls are also used for making their accessories. Most of the royals jewels are gifts from their husbands or heirlooms from their families and are passing down the royal generations. It means that those are pieces of great importance for them and they wear those with great respect.
There are lots of interesting facts about British Royal Jewellery, for example: Queen Victoria had a new coronation ring made because the other one was too big for her. The Imperial State Crown, that Queen Elizabeth II wears at the State Opening of Parliament, contains 2868 diamonds, 17 sapphires, 11 emeralds, 5 rubies, 273 pearls and it weighs 0.91 kg. Princess Diana was the firs one that received Cambridge Lover’s Knot Tiara as a gift for her wedding, from Queen Elizabeth II in 1981. The tiara was ordered by Queen Mary in the 1900s. It is around 100 years old and is a favorite piece of jewellery for the British royal family. The Cambridge Lover’s Knot Tiara is made of 19 diamond arches each holding a hanging pearl. This tiara was firs favorite to Princess Diana, but nowdays it is favorite tiara to Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton.
1. Queen Victoria’s Coronation Ring
2. Queen Elizabeth II Wearing The Imperial State Crown
3. Queen Elizabeth II Wearing Her Wedding Present Jewels
4. Kate Middleton Borrowed This Cartier Piece From The Queen
5. Queen Elizabeth II Received This Brooch As A Gift When Prince Charles Was Born
6. Queen Mary’s Diamond Riviere end La Peregrina Necklace
7. Princess Diana Oval Sapphire Engagement Ring
8. Rarely Worn Queen Mary’s Diamond Stomacher
9. The Coronation Lahore Diamond Necklace
10. Duchess Of Cambridge Kate Is Wearing Diana’s Tiara
11. Necklaces Designs Of The Famous Tudors Era
12. Mary Tudor’s N0t So Bloody Pearl
13. British Royals Tiara Collection